To Press Releases listVevey - Zwitserland,feb 16, 2017
- Full-Year 2016: 3.2% organic growth, trading operating profit margin up 30 basis points in constant currency
- 3.2% organic growth, continued strong real internal growth of 2.4%
- Sales of CHF 89.5 billion, up 0.8% reported, foreign exchange impact of -1.6%
- Trading operating profit margin up 30 basis points in constant currency, reported trading operating profit margin up 20 basis points to 15.3%
- Underlying earnings per share of CHF 3.40, up 3.4% in constant currency
- Significant reduction of average working capital from 4.7% to 2.8% of sales
- Proposed dividend increase to CHF 2.30 per share
- 2017 outlook: organic growth between 2% and 4%; stable trading operating profit margin in constant currency as a result of considerable increase in restructuring costs to drive future profitability; underlying earnings per share in constant currency and capital efficiency are expected to increase
Mark Schneider, Nestlé CEO:
“Our 2016 organic growth was at the high end of the industry but at the lower end of our expectations. We saw a solid trading operating profit margin improvement and our cash flow grew significantly. Based on these results, our Board of Directors is pleased to propose the 22nd consecutive dividend increase, underlining our commitment to continuity.
In 2017, we expect organic growth between 2% and 4%. In order to drive future profitability, we plan to increase restructuring costs considerably in 2017. As a result, the trading operating profit margin in constant currency is expected to be stable. Underlying earnings per share in constant currency and capital efficiency are expected to increase.
Nestlé continues to invest in future growth and operating efficiency, targeting mid-single digit organic growth and significant structural cost savings by 2020.”
Lees het persbericht
Financial statements 2016