To Press Releases listVevey - Zwitserland,aug 18, 2016
Half-Year 2016: good growth based on volume, with margin improvement
- Sales of CHF 43.2 billion with 3.5% organic growth and 2.8% real internal growth
- Trading operating profit margin of 15.3%, up 30 basis points
- Underlying earnings per share up 5.7% in constant currencies
- Free cash flow at CHF 3.3 billion, up 41%
- Full-year outlook confirmed: organic growth in line with 2015, with improvements in margins and underlying earnings per share in constant currencies, and capital efficiency
Paul Bulcke, Nestlé CEO:
“The first half of 2016 was in line with our expectation with growth almost entirely driven by volume and product mix, yielding further market share gains.
While we continued to address challenges in China, we enjoyed good performances across the US, Europe, South East Asia and Latin America and expect this to continue in the second half. We also expect pricing, which reached historically low levels in the first half, to recover somewhat in the coming months.
We grew our gross margin and trading operating profit through further premiumisation, continuous cost discipline and input cost tailwinds. This allowed us to significantly enhance our free cash flow.
In these times of rapid change, we keep our focus on profitable growth by further investing in innovation, R&D, brand support and digital to engage with our consumers, meeting their changing needs.
Overall our first half performance allows us to reconfirm our outlook for the full year.”
Lees hier het volledige persbericht met de cijfers.